Test your nutrition knowledge
Posted by kwilson on March 2, 2009
In honor of National Nutrition Month in March, here’s a quiz to test your knowledge of healthy eating.
True or False? 请选择真或假：
1. Don’t eat between meals.
2. Don’t eat before bedtime.
3. Breakfast should never be skipped.
4. Protein should be a part of meals and snacks.
5. It’s better to graze than eat three square meals a day.
6. Skipping meals will help you lose weight.
OK, let’s find out how well you know your nutrition. Here are the answers:
1. False. Eating four to five meals and snacks helps healthy eaters control their appetites, according to numerous studies. The total calories must be stay within the range for the eating plan, however.
2. False. Again, it’s the total number of calories that matter, not when those calories are consumed.
3. True. Studies have shown that eating breakfast decreases the likelihood that you will overeat later in the day. Breakfast also increases overall energy and helps your brain concentrate, solve problems, and remember facts better.
4. True. Lean meat, yogurt, cheese, nuts and beans are all great proteins that will help keep healthy eaters feeling full longer.